SrVP Preconstruction Director "
SrVP Preconstruction Director
A large commercial building, general construction company seeks a Senior Vice President- Corporate Preconstruction Manager to oversee all preconstruction and technical services for the firm.
Candidate will be primarily responsible for the daily management, supervision, coordination and successful completion of the preconstruction phase of the projects to meet the cost objectives with respect to contracting, scheduling, estimating, purchasing and bidding of all major projects, including large, complex projects such as schools, health care, office/corporate, aviation, multifamily, laboratory/research, light manufacturing. Project delivery types include design/build, negotiated GMP, Lump Sum Bidding, and CM at Risk contracts.
Candidate will coordinate with the Operations Manager or Project Manager on team assignments, and assist the Operations Team during pre-construction and coordinate all constructability, value engineering, estimating, cost control, and procurement activities. Will monitor design progress for compliance with defined cost, schedule and quality criteria. Will coordinate resolution of constructability issues during design and coordinate pricing of alternative design concepts and conduct value engineering reviews. Participate in Bid Package Scope of Work and schedule preparation for all work packages and participate in Pre-Bid and Pre-Award meetings with purchasing manager. Participate in and make recommendations for bid evaluations and contract award.
- Must have Conceptual and detailed estimating experience on midsized to large commercial building projects.
- Must have stable job history with large general contractor or construction manager.
- Must have managed department of estimators, purchasing personnel
- Preferred 4-year degree in an accredited construction related curriculum, (BSCE, BSCM, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a 4-year degree.
- Minimum of five years experience as Preconstruction Manager, and ten to twenty years of related construction experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the areas: estimating, lump sum bidding, scheduling, budgeting/cost control, financial reporting, client relationship, interpersonal skills, computer skills, ability to communicate, both written and oral, leadership and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated success in managing preconstruction process for major, complex projects.
- Proficient in PC-based scheduling and spreadsheet applications.
HMC is the leading construction recruiter and construction executive search firm for construction president placement. For C-level construction staffing and
construction recruitment, HMC is the construction search
firm and construction management recruiter to fill any construction executive job, or
confidential construction jobs (construction executive jobs, construction management jobs or
construction manager jobs) with construction salaries over $200k. HMC is also known as a boutique construction
recruiting firm (construction search firm, construction recruitment, construction recruiting services, construction executive recruiter, construction recruiters, construction head hunter or construction headhunter) with a 25-year
legacy in corporate board member recruitment.
In addition, HMC provides construction executive employment (construction management employment) to construction
job seekers in their construction job search (construction executive job search or construction management job search).
Job seekers can study construction management careers, view construction job opportunities, prepare a construction
resume, source a construction management job (construction manager job), and interact with leading construction search
firms (construction executive search firms, construction management recruiters, construction executive recruiters,
construction head hunters or construction headhunters).